Introduction to Test Driven Development for SQL Server
The tSQLt framework brings test-driven development to SQL code. Adopting it lowers defects and makes systems easier to maintain, so you can spend more time adding features and providing greater value to your customers.
We offer a one-day, hands-on class to help you understand the concepts of using TDD to write SQL code.
What the class covers
- The essentials of writing test cases for T-SQL programs
- How to deal with constraints when creating test data
- How to isolate dependencies in SQL Server
- How to identify good test cases
- Where TDD fits into the development cycle
- How TDD improves quality, design and maintainability
Attendees should be able to use SQL Server Management Studio to write and execute simple Stored Procedures and Select Statements. You also need to bring a laptop with SQL Server (the server, not only the client tools) installed on it.
How to attend
The training is provided by Dr Sebastian Meine, Co-Founder and Lead Developer of tSQLt, and resident SQL Server Expert at sqlity.net. To enquire about a training day near you, please complete the enquiry form on the sqlity.net website.